TAKING CARE OF YOUR JEWELLERY
Like anything precious, a little routine maintenance is strongly recommended. Although silver will naturally tarnish over years, if you follow our suggestions you will continue to enjoy your treasures for years to come…
- Always apply perfume, lotions and hairspray before you put on your jewellery. Make sure that skin products have been fully absorbed first.
- Always remove your jewellery before a workout, swimming, or before going to bed.
- Keep your jewellery clean by removing dust and dirt with a soft cloth.
- You should wash your jewellery periodically to remove skin oils. Soak in warm water with a mild washing up liquid and use a soft toothbrush to gently rub the surface. Rinse well and lie it on a towel to dry. Make sure it’s completely dry before storing it.
- To prevent scratching, do not store your jewellery loose in drawers, ideally store your pieces separately, so that they do not become tangled or rub together.
- Do not use jewellery cleaners. They may contain certain compounds that actually accelerate the tarnishing process; the same applies to antibacterial soaps.
- Store your jewellery in a box or cloth bag this will reduce tarnishing.
- You should never allow your silver jewellery to touch rubber items such as rubber bands, as the sulphur within the rubber will cause the silver to tarnish.